Mountain Ultra Trail - 2. April
Tarragona is a natural fortress, an 82-metre hill overlooking the sea and sheltering the calm waters of the port. Its exact geographic coordinates are 41º 07’ N and 0º 14’ E. It has a population of 131,094 inhabitants (01/01/2016, BOE), and the native tongue is Catalan. The official languages are Catalan and Spanish.
“The climate blends and confuses the seasons singularly, so that all the year seems an eternal spring.”
Lucius Annaeus Florus, Vergilius orator an poeta (2nd century A.D.)
The city has a mild and pleasant climate throughout the year, typical of the Mediterranean coast. The yearly average temperature is 18º C.
- Average temperature in winter: 12º C/53.6º F
- Average temperature in spring: 16º C/60.8º F
- Average temperature in summer: 25º C/77º F
- Average temperature in autumn: 16º C/60.8º F
The official time is the solar time plus two hours in summer and one hour in winter.
- The last Sunday in March, clocks are set forward an hour at 2 a.m. to 3 a.m.
- The last Sunday in October, clocks are set back an hour at 3 a.m. to 2 a.m.
The official currency is the euro (€). Coins have the following values: 1, 2, 5, 10, 20 and 50 cents and 1 and 2 euros. Bills have the following denominations: 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, 200 and 500 euros.